Applications are now open for the University of Jos (UNIJOS) 2022/2023 M.A. Film Culture and Archiving Studies programme admission.
The management of the University of Jos (UNIJOS) has commenced the sale of application forms for admission into its M.A. Film Culture and Archiving Studies programme for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Latest Info on UNIJOS MA Film Culture & Archiving Studies Admission Form
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Jos (UNIJOS) M.A. Film Culture and Archiving Studies programme for the 2022/2023 academic session.
This is a Knowledge Transfer initiative involving German and Nigerian institutions. The German institutions are represented by Goethe Universität, Deutsches Filminstitut & Filmmuseum and Arsenal Institut für Film und Videokunst Berlin, in the framework of the TNB (Transnationale Bildung) program, while the Nigerian institutions involved are the Nigerian Film Corporation/ National Film Institute, Jos and the University of Jos. “This programme is the first of its kind in Africa and one about a dozen worldwide,” says Goethe university. The aim of the Jos program is to:
- train scientific personnel for film and media archives
- train institutions of film culture across Africa
- build capacity of the preservation of the audiovisual heritage of Nigeria and Africa.
- Opportunity of greater for employment. Over 90% of students in Germany that have studied this course are already employed. This is replicable in Nigeria.
The School of Postgraduate Studies of the University of Jos in collaboration with the National Film Institute (NFI) through the Nigerian Film Corporation and German Institutions, is commencing a 24-month Masters Programme in Film Culture and Archiving Studies in the Department of Theatre and Film Arts. The programme covers the various aspects of the theory and practice of Film Culture, including the scientific basis for Film Archiving.
Other Things to Know About University of Jos (UNIJOS)
The course is designed for Nigerian and foreign students with a craving for career opportunities in film culture and archiving Studies. There is a huge demand for this expertise considering the growing film industry in Nigeria and Africa at large.
The theoretical teaching will be administered through the University of Jos and Goethe University, while the Nigerian Film Corporation through NFI will facilitate the practical aspects of the training. However, the University of Jos will award the degree based on the existing affiliation of the National Film Institute to the University. It is expected to commence by October.
How to Apply for UNIJOS M.A. Film Culture and Archiving Studies Admission Form
To purchase the online application form, all aspiring candidates should do the following:
Create an Account
- Visit portal.unijos.edu.ng
- Click on FORMS APPLICATION
- Click on Masters Programme
- Fill in the Account Registration Form and click RegisterAn account activation Link is sent to the email provided. Login to the email and click on the Link to activate the account and launch the log in page to continue Or Pay Application Form Charge.
- Visit portal.unijos.edu.ng
- Click on LOGIN
- Enter the email and password used to create an account
- Click on Login to launch a personalized dashboard
- Click on Application Charge and then on Pay Application Charges.
- A window containing payment details will be displayed.)
- Click SELECT PAYMENT
- Select your preferred payment option (Bank Branch, Card, etc) and provide the details required
- Follow the prompt through until payment is successful
- Print the receipt upon successful payment. Also, print the other copy of the receipt sent to your mail.Fill in the Application Form.
- visit portal.unijos.edu.ng
- Click on LOGIN
- Type your email and password and then
- Click Login to launch your personalized dashboard
- Click on My Profile
- Click on Add/Edit Bio-Data and fill in the online application form. (Ensure you enter all the information requested on all tabs: bio-data, result, sponsor, next of kin as well as passport and signature upload)
- Click on Submit when all tabs are correctly completed (a form will be generated for you. Print and keep for future reference).
UNIJOS M.A. Film Culture and Archiving Studies Admission Requirements
The student eligibility for MA Film Culture and Archival Studies; the applicant will be suitable for the program if he/she possesses:
- A Bachelors’ Degree: BA or B.Sc in Film Arts, or Theatre & Film Arts, from the National Film Institute, University of Jos, or any accredited University recognized by the Senate of the University of Jos.
- B.Sc, BA or HND in Mass Communication, Social Sciences, Arts/ Humanities or Natural Sciences.
- A minimum of second-class lower division (2.2) degree or Higher National Diploma (lower credit) with a grade point average (CGPA) of not less than 2.40. Admission of candidates with third class or HND (below Lower credit), will be subject to the University of Jos Postgraduate admission requirements for such candidates. In addition, a Postgraduate Diploma in Film-related courses is required provided the applicant is a practitioner with a film background with a minimum period of five years post-graduation experience.
- Eligible Candidates without a background in Theatre or Film will audition for preliminary undergraduate courses
- The admission requirements include basic O’ level results with a credit in English Language.
- Only valid and functional email address and phone numbers should be used. All further correspondence will be done through the email address and phone number provided.
- Referee forms are sent electronically. You must therefore provide referees’ valid and functional email addresses and phone numbers. Note that once the referee form is correctly completed, it will automatically go to the relevant department.
- Corrections on personal information after the completion of the application form may attract a fee. Therefore, ensure the online form is carefully and correctly completed.
Completed application forms together with an application letter containing the Applicant’s email address and telephone number, must be returned to the institute before 5th December 2022. Applications that do not contain all the requisite materials will not be processed. Shortlisted applicants will be communicated on 12th December 2022 via text messages and emails. Please contact us at the Department of Theatre and Film Arts, University of Jos or the National Film Institute for further enquiries: 08033015693 (UNIJOS) or 08034834404 (NFI) or http://Filmcult@unijos.edu.ng.
If you think this post can be of help to anyone, please share it.